Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The PEACH of my eye!!!

Gentry and I have been best cousin friends since before I can remember. Our moms told us growing up that they were always asked if we were twins. Although we may not even be sisters, we have always been sisters at heart. We have laughed together, cried together, grieved together, and rejoiced together. We have memories together that I know I will carry with me and cherish until the end of my days. She knows the good, the bad, and the ugly of me. We have always been able to share with each other anything we needed to get off our chest even if it was something we weren't proud of. She is someone who is always willing to be weird with me. Like tracing our bodies in her driveway with sidewalk chalk. Or speaking whale. Or skipping in public. We are never ashamed when we're together. I'll never forget one time we were eating together (imagine that) and I had something hard and weird in my food that wasn't supposed to be there. It wasn't spaghetti and meatballs but for some reason I gasped and said "THERE'S A ROCK IN MY MEATBALL!!" We laughed so hard, and that is one of the many jokes we share that's more than off the wall. Now anytime our food is weird we say there's a rock in our meatball, and laugh together about it! It probably sounds absurd to the average person reading this, but I know when she reads it she will be laughing and know that's the weirdness we share. This past weekend my cousin became a WIFE! I think that is crrrrrazy! We have always talked weddings (being girly girls) and never realized how within reach we were. Finding out she was engaged was one of the coolest days of my life. (See engagement blog post.) I am so grateful to have been beside Gentry as a bridesmaid. In my heart she is more than a cousin, she a friend, a best friend, and someone who will be in my life until the end of time. Congrats Mrs. Olden, you deserve the happiness you found!





No comments:

Post a Comment