Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Minis day ONE!

I wish I could take credit for all of the creativity done on this shoot but I can't even come close! After finding 2 1/2 ft tall letters spelling "joy" made of wood cut out of wood for $160.00 a letter on etsy I called dad! He has been known to be called "Tim the tool man" and boy am I grateful. He can literally fix/build anything! So I drew the letters out on a piece of wood and he whipped them up. I don't have to try hard for my hand writing to look like a child's, I was just blessed with that talent, Haha! (my sister always makes fun of me for that).. I then painted my letters gold with the original idea of having a very simple Christmas shoot in tall grass with the letters. I called my friend, Jodie, who's land I shoot at often and told her my idea's for this shoot and she ran with them. She text me the next day telling me about her Christmas looking trees on the land. How she could help me decorate the tree and wrap presents. What a home maker! I wish I could brain storm hard enough to come up with what she did. The day of the shoot I got to the location about two hours before we started shooting, and Jodie started bringing out all kinds of things! Big ornaments, burlap, berries for the tree. I can't thank this girl enough y'all. We went to town on this tree. I had 8 families come back to back who enjoyed it thoroughly! The sneak peek was such a hit that we planned another day packed full of minis! I am so lucky that business is booming for me and thank all of you who picked me as your family's photographer this Christmas season. My promise is to spend ample time on each of you as if you were my own family. Y'all are allowing me to strive to do full time, what I love doing. Thanks again to Tim the tool man who I can always call, and Jodie who is so generous with her land, and decor. I can't wait take her family photos soon so I can repay her just a little of what she has given me. Y'all be on the look out for Christmas mini day number two but in the mean time, enjoy this preciousness!!














No comments:

Post a Comment