Friday, November 29, 2013

Someone's Lucky

I have found in life, a great friend is hard to come by. One that remains there for you for years and years. One that can tell you things about your own past that you can't even seem to remember. One that you met in 6th grade and you know they will stand by you your wedding day. I have three of those great friends who have been with me for countless years. People I have built relationships with based on things in common. I am so blessed to have them. What I have come to realize that I'm equally extremely grateful for are relationships I was born into. Friends by blood. Cousins! A cousin is one of the best friends you can have. You grow up with them and you grow old with them. I am also blessed with three very close cousin friends of which I refer to as CUZZYS! A couple blogs back you read about my cuzzy who is the peach of my eye. She is the one who came up with the phrase "cuzzy" or "cuzzy wuzzy" and we have held onto it for years. Now you are going to read about my other cuzzy, Elainea. Elainea is a little younger than me but we have grown closer with age. She inspires me in ways she'll never even know. She moved off to Colorado for college right out of high school, by herself! (Ok, I know a lot of people may do that but to me it's seriously scary and anyone with the guts to take that plunge, I admire.) She met a guy there, Shane, who she has been dating for a few years now. She flys with him to his families place in California, so in a sense she's a world traveler. She doesn't seem to be scared, one bit, of taking life by the horns-- and I wish I had that! She text me one day asking if I would take photos of her and her horse. She got "Lucky" as a birthday present from her parents when she was young. (She probably did a lot of begging.) I couldn't wait. Photographers dream of taking photos of a long haired gal with a horse, because it's bound to be beautiful. So we went out to Lucky's pasture and got what are some of my favorite photos I've taken. I know I may say that a lot but seriously, these are amazing to me. The beauty of the horse and Elainea, and the love between them... It. was. perfection. I am so glad to have Elainea as one of my best cousin friends because I know she will be one for life. She makes me so proud and I am so glad she is my family. Thanks Elainea for letting me take photos that mean so much to you, because it means so much to me! One of the coolest parts of this session to me was that the horse's harness said "someone's lucky" because although they may seem lucky to have that horse, the horse is way more lucky to have them! :) Love you cuz!







No comments:

Post a Comment