Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pretty Southern belle

One thing I love about how I grew up is being from the SOUTH! We have so many cool traditions that people up North may think are crazy but I just LOVE IT HERE! I love a warm sunny day. I love swimming and tan lines. I love crawfish season. I love our southern drawl, hospitality, and down home cooking. I love being a part of the Bible belt. I love bare feet, and waving to a perfect stranger when passing them on a day at the lake. The list goes on! When I took my 3 Nails Photography workshop the idea of having a hair and makeup artist to work with was suggested. First person who came to mind was a good friend, Candice Carpenter. She graduated from Regency, and had done my hair and makeup for a wedding so flawlessly. We chatted and decided to team up for my bridal packages, providing full hair and makeup for engagement and bridal sessions. Now, it was time to show off what we would work hard to make successful. I got in touch with a couple models. First one we booked was a gorgeous girl, I have been friends with for a while, Ashleigh McTire. She was excited too, which made it even better. We set up a beautiful location during the golden hour on what turned out to be a perfect warm summer evening with a gentle wind, blowing in the perfect direction. *happy photographer* We had Ashleigh first model a wedding dress, to promote our new work. Next we had her prance around barefoot, in a precious white baby doll dress, which showcased her personality to a tee! The true definition of a Southern belle, this girl was. Tan skin, beautiful hair, and the sweetest most down to earth personality. I must say, there is not a single way I could be happier with the way these photos turned out. Thank you so much Candice, and Ashleigh for your time and for both doing an impeccable job. Here are some of my favorites from the shoot. I would love some feedback! :)

Hair and Makeup: Candice Carpenter
Model: Ashleigh McTire
Special thanks: Brooke Levendikis, Jodie Lang, and Jessica Chace.








impeccable

No comments:

Post a Comment